Entrance Exam Requirements
Below are the entrance exam requirements for the graduate programs at EKU. Please use the following guidelines to determine the appropriate exam, target scores, and exemption eligibility for your intended program of study.
If you apply to a program that does waive an entrance exam, this requirement will be taken off your admissions checklist only when your transcript has been received, confirming either the GPA requirement or the graduate degree requirement as stated by the program.
- UG GPA: Exempt from exam if cumulative undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or higher; OR undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher in last 60 hours.
- Previous GR Degree: Exempt from exam only for students holding a previous graduate degree.
- NONE: Entrance Exam required for all applicants.
- Target Scores: Scores that one might reasonably expect to indicate appropriate preparation for graduate study. Candidates who do not achieve these scores may still be considered for admission.
- Dept. Index: Scores not specified but used in accordance to departmental admission formula.
- GRE: "Graduate Records Examination". It includes three sections; Verbal Reasoning (V); Quantitative Reasoning (Q); and Analytical Writing (AW). For more information about the test, please visit the GRE website.
- MAT: "Miller Analogies Test," which ask for solutions to problems stated as analogies. For more information please visit the MAT website.
- GMAT: "Graduate Management Admission Test". It consists of four sections; Verbal, Quantitative, Analytical Writing Assessment, and Integrated Reasoning. For more information visit the GMAT website.