EKU has implemented DegreeWorks as its online advising and degree audit system. A series of online tutorials can be viewed using the links on the Registrar's website.
Advisors can access DegreeWorks through their EKUDirect account by logging in and then clicking on the Faculty tab near the top of the screen. The General Tutorial provides specific directions as to how to access DegreeWorks through EKUDirect.
To make sure a student's record is accurate and up to date, advisors should:
- Make sure that the student's program of study conforms to the program published in the graduate appropriate catalog as described in the University's policy on Catalog Applicability. Deviations from the published program will lead to complications in the degree audit process when a student applies for graduation.
- Indicate to DegreeWorks (Reg.DGW@eku.edu) any PSEUDO course (Advisor Approved Elective) that should be counting towards the degree.
- All transfer work should be included in the program of study. Transfer work must meet the following criteria to be accepted into a student's graduate program:
- must have been granted from a regionally-accredited institution
- must be demonstrated to be at the graduate level
- must have an assigend grade of "B" or better
- must be a suitable substitute for a course in the program of study as listed in the applicable Graduate Catalog
- The total of ALL transfer work into any graduate degree program shall not exceed 12 hours.
- DegreeWorks must reach 100% complete for a student to be awarded their degree - NO EXCEPTIONS.