How Do I...
The EKU Graduate School seeks to provide the highest level of service to our more than 2000 graduate students. On this page we are happy to answer many "frequently asked questions" that you may have prior to and during your graduate experience at EKU. You have goals, we're here to help!
- APPLICATION STATUS: How do I check my application status?
- APPLICATION FEE: How much is the application fee?
- GRE: Am I exempt from the GRE?
- APPLICATION PROCESSING TIME: How long will it take to process my application?
- NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS: Do I need to fill out an application for both the Graduate School and the program for which I am applying?
- ADMISSION TYPE: What does my admission type mean?
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: How do I upload additional supporting documents to my application after submission?
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: How do I update my letters of recommendation?
- COST: What is the cost of tuition?
- FINANCIAL AID: What certificate programs are eligible for financial aid?
- REGISTERING FOR CLASSES: When can I register for classes?
- REGISTRATION ERROR: What does a registration error mean?
- CHANGE: How do I Change my Concentration?
- ADVISOR: Who is my advisor?
- TRANSCRIPT: Where can I send my official transcript?
- VISIT: Can I arrange a Campus Visit?
- RESIDENT: How do I become a Kentucky Resident?
- When can I apply for graduation?
- What day/time is the graduation ceremony?
- Where do I get my cap, gown and hood?
How do I check the status of my application?
To check the status of your application, login to your applicant status portal by visiting application.eku.edu/apply/status. Once logged in, click on Checklist. This portal contains your itemized application checklist.
*Please allow 3-5 business days for your application to be processed and checklist updated accordingly.
Which programs waive the GRE?
Some programs may waive the entrance exam requirement (GRE/GMAT/MAT) depending on your undergraduate GPA. Please refer to the graduate programs page to determine eligibility and target scores.
However, those desiring admission to an EKU Graduate Program with less than a 2.5 GPA undergraduate must take the GRE.
How much is the application fee?
GOOD NEWS!!!! The graduate admission application fee is usually a non-refundable $40 payment. HOWEVER, the application fee has been waived for all graduate applicants for the Fall '21 - Summer '22 term. That's the #EKUadvantage!
How long will it take to process my application?
The turnaround time for an admissions review is dependent upon both - how quickly the applicant submits all required materials and how quickly the department completes the review. Please note: Certain times of the year, (i.e., holidays and summer breaks) may impact the processing time and result in a longer wait time.
As a general standard, the team anticipates approximately 3-5 days for the processing of an application (depending on the items noted above).
Do I need to fill out an application with both the Graduate School and the program to which I am applying?
The Graduate School application is required for all students seeking admission. Supplemental department applications do not result in admission to the Graduate School. It is very important to establish communication with both the Graduate School and the program for which you are pursuing admissions. Check with your department to see if there are any additional admission requirements besides the general EKU Graduate School application process.
How do I upload additional documents to my application after submission?
Login to your applicant status portal, go to Checklist. On the right, you will see the upload portal where you can upload additional supporting documents.
How do I update my letters of recommendation?
Login to your applicant status portal, select the 'Checklist' tab. At the bottom of your checklist, you will see the following statement:
“To re-send notification emails to your recommenders, re-visit the recommendations page, click 'Edit', and then click 'Send Reminder'.”
Click on the link and this will direct you back to the Recommendation section to allow you to exclude a recommender, replace or edit a recommender, and/or resend a notification to your recommender.
Where can I send my official transcript?
All transcripts (admission or transfer credit) should be routed to the Graduate School for review:
EKU Graduate School
Whitlock Building 310, CPO 68
521 Lancaster Ave.
Richmond, KY 40475-3168
Electronic transcripts may be submitted to email@example.com.
To be classified as official, the transcript must be sent to the Graduate School directly from the institution or an approved respository (National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment) or delivered to the Graduate School in a sealed and stamped university envelop.
Who is my advisor?
You can view who your program coordinator is by checking your admission letter, checking your EKU DegreeWorks, or at the Graduate Coordinator page.
When can I register for classes?
Graduate students are the first group of students to register online every semester. See the Colonel's Compass for exact dates in each registration period.
How can I schedule a campus visit?
Register through our Undergraduate Admissions Office.
How do I become a Kentucky resident?
Undergraduate Admissions office processes all residency requests. See residency requirements.