How Do I...
The Graduate School seeks to provide the highest level of service to our more than 2000 graduate students. Here we offer answers to some common questions you may have during your graduate career at EKU. You have goals, we're here to help.
- Am I exempt from the GRE?
- How do I check my application status?
- How much is the application fee?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Do I need to fill out an application for both the Graduate School and the program for which I am applying?
- What does my admission type mean?
- How do I submit additional supporting docs for my application?
- How do I pay the application fee payment after my application is submitted?
- Change my Concentration
- Who is my advisor?
- Where can I send my official transcript?
- Campus Visits
- Kentucky Residency
- When can I apply for graduation?
- What day/time is the graduation ceremony?
- Where do I get my cap, gown and hood?
Which programs waive the GRE?
Some programs may waive the entrance exam requirement (GRE/GMAT/MAT) depending on your undergraduate GPA. Please refer to the graduate programs page to determine eligibility and target scores.
How do I check my application status?
The How to Check Application Status page will give you instructions to see your up to date admission status.
How long will it take to process my application?
The turnaround time for an admissions review is dependent upon both -how quickly the applicant submits all required materials and how quickly the department completes the review. Please note: Certain times of the year, (i.e. holidays and summer breaks) may impact the processing time and result in a longer wait time.
Do I need to fill out an application with both the Graduate School and the program to which I am applying?
It is possible. It is very important to establish communication with both the Graduate School and the program for which you are pursuing admissions. Check with your department to see if there are additional admission requirements.
Where can I send my official transcript?
All transfer work should be sent to:
EKU Graduate School
Whitlock Building 310, CPO 68
521 Lancaster Ave.
Richmond, KY 40475-3168
Who is my advisor?
You can view who your program coordinator is by checking your admission letter, checking your EKU DegreeWorks or at the Graduate Coordinator page.
When can I register for classes?
Graduate students are the first group of students to register online every semester. See the Colonel's Compass for exact dates each registration period.
How can I schedule a campus visit?
Register through our Undergraduate Admissions Office.
How do I become a Kentucky resident?
Undergraduate Admissions office processes all residency requests. See residency requirements.